A recipe for the showstopper Carrot Halwa Pancakes with Ice Cream. This is Mira’s own (somewhat easier and healthier) take on a sumptuous Indian dessert called Malpua. It tastes like carrot halwa pancakes with a dollop of ice cream!
The original recipe for is featured in Mira’s book Saffron Soul. There’s currently a 30% discount on her cookbook for Diwali until Sunday over on chaibymira.com. Use code ITSDIWALI at the checkout to get a signed book copy for just £14.
- 2 grated carrots 60g oats, ground (oat flour)
- 60g almond flour
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 70ml almond milk or any
- 6-8 dates
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or any sugar
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds, if you have pinch of black pepper
- Extra ghee to make the pancakes
- Simply combine all the ingredients, make small patties and cook in ghee.
- Serve hot with a large dollop of ice cream!
Happy Diwali to you all xx
Mira Manek was born and raised in London, where she grew up in a family strongly rooted in its Indian heritage. She grew up speaking Gujarati and learned Sanskrit at school. This, in conjunction with attending Ram Kathas (nine-day spiritual events) from a young age all over India, inspired Mira’s passion for Indian philosophy and spirituality, and Ayurveda in particular. Her first book, Saffron Soul, is a cookbook inspired by the vegetarian food of the Gujarat region. Mira runs Chai by Mira, and hosts events and retreats around the UK and the rest of the world.